Tuesday 3 May 2011

Journey back

Sunday we took to the road for our journey back to "the City of Gold".

On this long drive i started thinking about 'home' and how over the years Cape Town has always been it for me. It has always been where i find peace, find family and memories.

However this trip has been a crude awakening of growing up for me. My childhood home seemed small, my family distant and the city i have always called home felt different. The memories i have there also seemed old and like a completely different part of my life.

I found myself missing my wooden floors, the noisy people next door and even the freak thunder storms of Joburg.

In retrospect if i sit and shift though my thoughts Cape Town hasn't changed, neither has my family. I am the one that has changed. My wants, my needs and my sense of responsibility. It made  me realize that home is where i make it, it is where i am and where i am happy because life is too short to live it bound by the past.

For as long as needs be this city i find myself in will be home for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment