Wednesday 16 February 2011

Rekindling my citizenship

As I walk the many miles to individuality and discovering who I am in a world so filled with possession and plastic, am I an object, a subject or a citizen is the question niggling in the back of my head.
The world has made us immune to certain forms of suffering and even though I hate to admit it, sometimes this most horrific news only gets frowned upon with little or no action. As humans we go chasing possibilities of what could have been every opportunity we get. Our complex natures have us questioning everything, from the color of the sky to the amount of stars our galaxy possesses.

We often neglect to ask the really import question and find ourselves at the whims of others more often than we like to admit.

As I find myself in a very new environment, I have realized that my worth is not to be seen or accepted by others because their approval is not what will soothe my conscious. My worth does not deter theirs; it is not the beginning and end of who I am. My worth is my own, it is my journey and I am responsible for what I think of myself because it is that projection of my own thoughts and acts that will get me into the future I want.

So I muster up the courage and stamina to be at the helm of my own ship, with God directing the path and clearing the waters in His own unique way. I know that in essence His sites for me may not be my own but I am calmed by the realization that I am a citizen of the world and a vessel for some plan even greater than that I can imagine. That I am an individual comprised of my past, proud of my heritage and humbled by the men and woman that came before me and fought so vigorously so that I may live their dreams and create my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment