Tuesday 28 February 2012

Reflections at Nomndeni


Stream in the backyard 
At this present moment I am sitting in a workshop on the outskirts of Nelspruit, having the cool breeze drift into the window beside me. How lucky am I that I got to wake up this morning, stand on the balcony and see the sun rise over the nearby stream and hear the birds chirping away.

I am amazed by how peaceful it is out here and how the air just smells crisp even though there has been no rain, everything is greener and I can see these little creatures on nearby tree branches with no concern in the world.

This tends to highlight the wonder of mother nature to me and how simple it all seems in this complex world of ours.

In this day and age we tend to make our own lives difficult with the constant demands on our time, the rush, the hurry and the digital wave where we go no-where without our Blackberry, Tablets or Notebook.

In all of this haste we forget to live and admire the beauty.

I urge you to take the time to enjoy the grass between your toes, to admire God’s creatures (big and small), to enjoy good food,  to take time to pray/ reflect, to love (just for the sake of it) and too live this life and not wait for the next.

Today is it, so enjoy it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment