Monday 30 January 2012

My set of sleepless nights


I hate hospitals and I am not very good at looking after sick people either; so over the last week this inability of mine has been tested to the point of sleeplessness.

All of this invokes to me a sense of just ‘not understanding’ regardless of how many hours of researching I put in; I also have a sense of hopelessness because I am unable to take away their pain and make it my own.

I hate being unable to make it better, being unable to know the outcome.  

There is a sense of urgency because I am reminded of how short this life can really be, reminded to cherish the little moments more and stress less.Yet through all of this there is also a calming sense of hope and faith as I silently pray for someone else's needs more than my own.  

So even though I have had sleepless nights over the last week, I know it’s going to be okay. 


Maybe not today but soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment