Wednesday 11 January 2012

A new year, a new leaf



Since its the 11th day of the new year and I have over indulged to my heart’s desire it’s time to get real  and face the music of 2012.

I have decided that this is my year to cease opportunities and change the world one day and one person at a time. It’s also my year to get back into shape, walk more, laugh more and to take joy in the little things.

I don’t believe in “new year’s resolutions” as they tend to last only as long as the buzz for them is around however I do believe in setting big and small goals to work towards throughout the year.

This year my goals are simple;
  • a bit of travel (destination is still undecided),
  • spending time with the people I love and that love me back unconditionally,
  • a bit of adventure (be it a hike in the Highveld, white river rafting or even bungee jumping a little           closer to home)
  •  a new job that motivates me to keep on learning and inspires me to dream BIG.
I am claiming this as my year for learning, for doing and most importantly for living. I know mistakes might come my way but what better way is there to learn!

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading your piece today. Your inspiration resonates with me today also.

    I like the idea of goals, short and long term as the resolutions are very short lived, however be guided by what the almighty has in store for you.

    An important lesson I've learnt over the last few months, is that sometimes our goals have already been set out for us, and instead of fighting it, work with it... Besides this story has already been authored..

    Much love and respect
    Gouwah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks G!

    And i completely agree, God/the Almighty is indeed the publisher of our life stories before we even get to the next chapters. He knows us better than anyone else and everything happens in His time.

    This being said i also think its important that we keep pushing and dreaming because He gives us a hand full of opportunities but its up to us how we seize them.

    Loads of love
    Mo

    ReplyDelete